John Robb's Open Venture from, which became Picture Coop, has gotten some outside investment.
They have a Miiu site up - I think that's the meta-group that is spawning Picture Coop.
- lots of recent notes on their Twitter feed.
- some bits on their reward-allocation model
- We compensate founders by sharing a pool of net revenue (10%) with the group based on the number of months and effort (full/part) put in.
- Once the site is up, we share most of the remaining net revenue with the people building the site. No specialized skills needed to join.
- they're also using their Public Wiki to document tools/ideas to support a Resilient Community (Un Civilization Technology).
- they're going to compensate people who post on the wiki based on pageviews. Of course, that presumes an income for the wiki.