- Losing Ground: American Social Policy 1950–1980 in 1984, which discussed the American welfare system. ISBN:0465042317
- In Pursuit: Of Happiness and Good Government (1988),
- The Bell Curve (1994) ISBN:0029146739
- What It Means to be a Libertarian: A Personal Interpretation (1996),
- Human Accomplishment: The Pursuit of Excellence in the Arts and Sciences, 800 B.C. to 1950 (2003)
- InOurHands: A Plan to Replace the Welfare State (2006) 2006-05-09-WorstallMurrayGuaranteedAnnualIncome
- Real Education: Four Simple Truths for Bringing America's Schools Back to Reality in 2008 2009-01-14-MurrayRealEducation
- Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010 (2012) ISBN:978-0-307-45342-6
Arnold Kling on reconciling the Poverty narratives of Bell Curve, Losing Ground, and Coming Apart. Brink Lindsey pointed out the curious fact that Charles Murray wrote three different books about poverty, each with a different explanation... But in my view, his three books on poverty are complementary.
Edited: | Tweet this!