Cold Brew Coffee
Coffee made without hot water. Less acidic than hot-brewed Ice Coffee, and stores longer.
Comments on this post discuss how long it's ok to store.
Toddy maker $40 http://www.toddycafe.com/shop/product.php?productId=67
Kyoto dripper (aka Coffee Art) http://blacksmithcoffee.com/products/yama-6-8-cup-cold-brew-coffee-dripper
Hotel Room cold-brewing with an Aeropress, Zip Loc bag, and metal tea strainer.
- commenter counter-suggests a FrenchPress Travel Mug vs the aeropress/strainer rig.
My Feb'2013 crude attempts
- using coffee that was already ground for "automatic drip cone paper filter" - not coarse-ground
- use Zip Loc Twist N Loc medium (roughly quart) sized container - fill 1/3 grounds, then fill to top with spring water (which we already have because of our Well-Water)
- soak overnight in fridge
- put paper filter in standard plastic funnel (requires a little folding), put metal strainer on top of that, pour in grounds, let it drip (requires dumping the strainer a couple times)
- definitely a bit better
- but given that I'm already hot-brewing coffee for The Wife every day, not worth the extra trouble, I think...
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion