Copying Non Itunes Video From Computer To Ipad
- no article identifies a nice way to do this
- I finally installed I Flash Drive free app on the IPad.
- Then you still use the IMac to tell it to copy your files over to the IPad.
- Then you can only find the movies on the IPad inside the I Flash Drive app! (Not in Movies, or ITunes, or anywhere else.) So that's where you have to go to play the movie.
- One of the movies was an AVI, so "the built-in player can't read this file".
- Installed a free AVI player - O Player-lite.
- But it can't see the movie inside I Flash Drive, and clicking the movie inside I Flash Drive doesn't recognize that there's another player available!
- (this doesn't totally shock me as I'm aware of the IOS model of tying a file to a single app - but this is a good example of how stupid that whole model is)
Edited: | Tweet this!