free diagram tool - mimics hand-drawn style like Balsamiq Mockups https://excalidraw.com/
Why do I want to play with this, if already using Miro?
- free/open-source would be nice, esp for future collaboration with others, or to encourage for FluxGarden users
- Miro doesn't render when you embed it (see issues with Excalidraw below)
- I like the hand-drawn aesthetic. (Update: more true with mockups than diagrams.)
- some sorta auto-gen of bullet lists to diagram? Seems unlikely, I'm rarely seeking a nice clean/simple/auto hierarchy.
- auto-link double-brackets WikiWords in diagram. Don't see that working.
- conclusion: putting it aside
- update: Miro's not good for drawing straight lines that aren't connectors. Excalidraw is easier for that.
Update: what would be the biggest wins?
- in-page diagram whose nodes can wikilink
- and have those links included in backlinks
- which implies it has to be in the FluxGarden server, not a separate server that's embedded....
- would it be ok to require the whole page to be Excalidraw, or does it need to be mixed-media? I think pure-Excalidraw would be ok....
if you export/download, file has
.excalidraw extension - looks like JSON
- very noisy - see tweet
If you export a "shareable link" you get something like https://excalidraw.com/#json=_w1sjG5z_x0EziTi3bPlk,EM0cNOkdhzsKVYiLjIqPzw
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion