Flu And Cold
Two nasty Virus-es.
once you have kids you get extra paranoid about getting sick, because (a) they're always passing along stuff, and (b) you're already sleep- and time-deprived.
Flu (The Flu):
- if you have kids, get them a Flu Vaccine/Flu Shot
- get yourself (and spouse) a Flu Vaccine
- there are other prescription drugs (neuraminidase inhibitors) for preventing or shortening the flu - you typically try to get these if someone in your family gets the flu, or in the first 2 days of having symptoms yourself
- Guaifenex loosens mucus, helping you unclog your throat. If you take normal multi-ingredient cough syrup, you get around 200mg of this. If you take the max dose of guaifenex-only cough syrup, you get around 400mg. If you take 2 capsules, you get 1200mg.
- but it sounds rather scary
- over-the-counter Mucinex
- real Sudafed (pseudoephedrine, not "PE" phenylephrine) - which these days requires getting it from behind the pharmacy counter
- Gatorade, baby.
- see http://tantek.pbwiki.com/HowToKickColds - HowToKickColds
Edited: | Tweet this!