to Fork a project - https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo
- you can re-name it in the GitHub web UI - click the Settings button for your fork
- set the
upstreamto the original/source repository
- someone else submits changes by doing a pull-request to their own fork - I get an email (assume I have no local changes that haven't been committed/pushed)
- browse the changes visually by following the GitHub link in the email for "Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at"
- if looks reasonable, load it to my machine so I can test a bit: use the
git pullline in the email (which merges it into mine)
- if happy, commit and push
Company Organization Model
Edited: | Tweet this!