Concept associated with Abraham Maslow.
Self-actualizing people are involved in a cause outside their own skin - having a calling. They devote their lives to the search for the ~14 Being-Values: truth, beauty, goodness, perfection, simplicity, comprehensiveness, human love, .... (Transcendentals?)
- experiencing fully, vividly, selflessly
- making a series of progression choices rather than regression choices: being honest with oneself and others, etc. (congruence)
- recognize you are a unique self, and express your uniqueness consciously
- When in doubt, be honest rather than not
- dare to be different, unpopular, nonconformist, if that's how you feel
- actualize/achieve your potential - work to do well the thing you want to do
- set up conditions so that Peak Experiences are more likely
- identify and give up your defenses blocking the way to self-knowledge.