heh, a book nobody would buy/read voluntarily
book focused on Educating Kids
big (profitable) chunk of the Book Publishing industry
but has to make its money within first couple semesters, because of huge Used Book market
- uh, maybe that's a sign that the product isn't very good? Or maybe that's a critique of the whole College Education EcoSystem.
inherently tied to model of granular/isolated "subjects"?
Heavily shaped (at least K-12 history?) by Texas conservatives.
- 2020 https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/10/19/conservative-activists-texas-have-shaped-history-all-american-children-learn/
- 2020: different textbooks in California and Texas
- 2014: eroding influence because of CommonCore?
- May'2010: getting big/worse again?
- Mar'2010: less important than it used to be?
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion