(2020-02-14) InternetArchive Ebook Borrowing
But the Internet Archive has a scanned file you can "borrow" for 30 (14?) days. My turn just started.
Then someone shared a direct copy of that file (PDF).
So I'm comparing options....
- direct download, read in MoonReader on my Galaxy Tab.
- Pages kinda slow to render
- no table of contents for jumping access
- can highlight, and that gets saved, but it doesn't display on the page, so if I jump to a highlight I get the right page but no highlighting.
- e-reader in browser
- to advance page have to hit tiny arrow button, can't swipe or tap-in-page-corner
- no highlighting at all
- can download a PDF or ePub, if I install Adobe Digital Editions (which I use on my laptop to download every ebook I buy from GoogleBooks). Android app gets 2 stars. And then it will disappear when my lending period expires.
Edited: | Tweet this!