Asana Vs Jira
Having both seems like a source of noise/confusion.
Because we also use Confluence, my preference is to keep that and Jira as the system-of-record. And thus be wary of putting any detailed notes into Asana.
But then why use Asana?
- much faster: Jira is sooo slow, breaks your flow/focus
- Asana lets you drag tasks around in any order (Jira lets you do that in some views)
- Asana gives you Sections (which we use instead of SubTasks) to get a sense of Phases of work
- Asana's "My Tasks" view is actually useful
- hrm except that it doesn't include Tasks assigned to other people you've assigned/followed!
Hmm, I wonder whether Trello would offer most of the Asana benefits with greater Jira/Confluence integration?
Edited: | Tweet this!