Feature where, as a user types, Real Time lookups are performed against some dictionary, feeding back possible match-words from which the user can pick to complete the typing of the word without pressing any more keys.
Typically used for contact-match in EMail apps.
Used in Google search. https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/106230?hl=en
Would be nice to have in a Wiki.
- Confluence has it
- but in that context, you'd need a trigger to start searching. The most obvious way would be the
- but that assumes you're not just using [[Smashed Together Words for Automatic Linking....
- maybe do it for any word over n chars that starts with a cap?
[[JQuery apps for Web Browser
- http://jqueryui.com/autocomplete/ - standard baseline
- in Text Area https://github.com/yuku-t/jquery-textcomplete
== Pondering building one into a WikiEngine ==
Apr07'2015: Going to do it with my Flask For Wiki Engine work.
Going to do search against pagenames in my WikiLog. Alternatives:
- WikiWord-s used in WikiLog, even if no page for them
- pages across multiple spaces in WikiGraph directory
- WikiWord-s across multiple spaces
Make the back-end handler first, responding to
http://localhost:8081/nodesearch/Wik (to search for nodes starting with