The liquidity of the World Energy Grid would lead to such a method.
I think the Ecological Footprint model is highly derivative (and inferior) to Bucky's work.
- see related Carbon Accounting
- industrial: 36%: Facilities and equipment used for producing and processing goods.... 22% chemical production
- transportation: 35%: Vehicles which transport people/goods on ground, air, or water... 61% gasoline fuel
- residential: 17%: Living quarters for private households.... 32% space heating
- commercial: 12%: Service-providing facilities and equipment (businesses, government, other institutions)... 25% lighting