- lots of options to Mix And Match via InterOp
- pressure to allow data export
- lower bar for new apps: no permission from majors (Gate Keeper, DRM/DMCA), less effort to integrate
- easier to grow new communities with unique software (Discussion Forum, etc.), instead of "having" to integrate into Facebook to get any participation
- *open content and application publishing
- open ability to code and implement the standards that such content depends on
- open access to content, web-applications, web standards implementations (browsers), and the internet.*
Edited: | Tweet this!