"Movement" of people who want to own/control/host their own data at their own Domain. We should all own the content we're creating, rather than just posting to third-party content silos. Publish on your own domain, and syndicate out to silos.
- get a personal Domain, get web hosting set up on it
- have a page with
rel=metag pointing to (at least) one of your Social Networking handles, with the profile on that Social Networking site pointing back to that same exact page.
- put up your HCard on your own Domain... actually...
- the h-card container doesn't contain the rel=me links
- the h-card contains very minimal info
- there's no way to have this "home" page point to a more complete personal profile page (which is machine recognizable)
- then add your own Content Publishing engine
- Lots of independent apps being built, too bad this list is often unclear as to what language/platform was used...
- run your own Url Shortener
- implement POSSE (personally I prefer PESOS)
- Add the H Entry MicroFormat markup to your posts.
IndieWebMessaging: Goal: Be able to send someone a short message only knowing their Domain name. They should be able to receive the message in whatever way they want (SMS, EMail, Twitter DM, etc) without the sender knowing what medium the message will be sent through. http://aaronparecki.com/IndieWeb_Messaging
Edited: | Tweet this!