Cost (just for classes) of College Education.
Increasingly requires Student Loan-s - Financial Aid is not enough. Cause-effect? http://www.windley.com/archives/2012/01/students_loans_debt_peonage.shtml
Cornell University: $35k in 2007-2008. $41k for 2011-12.
University Of California: (State University)
- out-of-state: $34k for 2010-11.
- $12k for in-state
- Olin College - 2007-10-01-Olin Engineering
- Cooper Union - not anymore!
It always surprises me that the list of most expensive colleges includes a number of cases that are (a) not Ivy League, and (b) focused on Liberal Arts (meaning they're pre-UnEmployment).
Why Does College Cost So Much ISBN:0199744505 pub-2010 by Robert Archibald and David Feldman
- good tweetstorm on prestige spending: Why peacocks have elaborate tails
cf Cost Disease
Stats on cost increases are very confusing and inconsistent
- some focus on private universities
- others focus on in-state tuition for state colleges - where the issue is (probably?) less about cost (expenditure) increases and more about price increases as states don't increase their tax subsidy.
Marginal cost of instruction: https://www2.calstate.edu/csu-system/about-the-csu/budget/2018-19-operating-budget/supplemental-documentation/Pages/marginal-cost-of-instruction.aspx
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion