includes both online retail transactions and "B2B" activities, I suppose
- For Small Retail it's hard to provide a unique offering by aggregating products designed and built by other people - think Independent Book Store.
- On the other hand, for Small Retail selling your own product, it's a great new distribution opportunity.
- Payment Processing
- Fraud Detection
- Logistics - actual moving of objects
The dividing line between ecommerce 1.0 and 2.0 runs right down the middle in between Zappos and Gilt Groupe... As OneKingsLane’s Doug Mack explains, Zappos was still very 1.0. In other words, it was mostly about logistics. Gilt, on the other hand, was about inspiration. It was about generating demand rather than fulfilling demand.
Mobile device importance
- at-home, in-office
- while watching TV
- on-street (esp Food Truck, Take Out)
- in-competing-store (Amazon Price Check)
- in-store (Clicks And Mortar)
- in front of Vending Machine (some machines starting to take Mobile Payment-s)
Subscription payment handling for WebApp memberships
Edited: | Tweet this!