Music controlled/generated electronically
(Does an acoustic piano controlled by MIDI count?)
2003 article - Last month he found a community of kindred spirits in Manhattan, where he was a featured guest at Openair, an East Village bar where dozens of laptop artists play together each week in an open jam session.
- Garage Band
- Aria Maestosa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aria_Maestosa
- Pure Data http://puredata.info/
- Impromptu is a MacOs X programming language and environment for composers, sound artists, VJ's and graphic artists with an interest in live or interactive programming. Impromptu is a Scheme language environment, a member of the Lisp family of languages. Impromptu is used by artist-programmers in Live Coding performances around the globe.
- The Over Tone project is Clojure meets Super Collider.
- Giles Bowkett stuff
- Gibber http://www.charlie-roberts.com/gibber/
- http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonInMusic long list!
- MusicForGeeksAndNerds http://musicforgeeksandnerds.com/ - pitch - review
- Beat Lounge https://github.com/djfroofy/beatlounge