- The Law http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html (free EBook)
- "The Candlemakers Petition" http://bastiat.org/en/petition.html
- "What is Seen and What is Not Seen" - http://www.econlib.org/library/Bastiat/basEss1.html
- "A Petition" http://www.econlib.org/library/Bastiat/basSoph3.html
- "The State" http://www.econlib.org/library/Bastiat/basEss5.html
His stress on the role of consumer demand in initiating economic progress meant that he was seen as a forerunner the Austrian School. He described the concept of tax revenue diminishing as tax rates are increased beyond a certain threshold. The concept is today referred to as the Laffer Curve.