Grand Challenges For Engineering
- here's their list of the biggest engineering achievements of the 20th century. NuclearTechnologies?
Reminds me a little of the Copenhagen Consensus.
- Make Solar Energy economical
- Provide energy from Nuclear Fusion
- Develop Carbon sequestration methods
- Manage the nitrogen cycle
- Provide access to Clean Water
- Restore and improve urban infrastructure (Urbanization)
- Advance health informatics
- Engineer better medicines (PharmCo)
- Reverse-engineer the brain (NeuroScience)
- Prevent nuclear terror
- Secure cyberspace
- Enhance Virtual Reality (see also Augmented Reality, Mirror Worlds)
- Advance Personalized Learning (PLE) (meh their focus is Learning Styles hoohah)
- Engineer the tools of scientific discovery
Edited: | Tweet this!