Cory Doctorow sequel to Little Brother http://craphound.com/homeland/
- Tor Button: the toggle model of Torbutton is no longer recommended. Users should be using Tor Browser Bundle, not installing Torbutton themselves.
- The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use TOR on MsWindows, MacOs X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
- Do not run BitTorrent over TOR!
- some folks started work on one
- then there was a Tinfoil Hat Linux distro (actually started in 2002), but that's not being maintained either.
- or you can just google for "most secure linux distributions"
- in one of the afterwords Cory says he uses Ubuntu
- Apr'2014: Cory says about TAILS: Effectively, this is the Paranoid Linux I fictionalized in my novel Little Brother.
- Cyanogen Mod
- google "secure fork of CyanogenMod"
- there's a project with this name, but it has nothing to do with security/privacy, and is just about having more control over screen resolution
- the NSA is working on a secure Android environment, but would you trust it?
- Android Privacy Guard might have some value http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Privacy_Guard
- the Guardian Project seems to bring TOR to Android..? http://guardianproject.info
- it also has apps for secure Instant Messaging, VoIP, etc.
Clone of Google Spreadsheet: WikiCalc/Social Calc
Sukey (anti-kettling) http://www.opensukey.org/
- Ada Fruit http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2012/12/03/a-primer-on-cheap-software-defined-radios/ https://dx.com/p/mini-dvb-t-digital-tv-usb-2-0-dongle-with-fm-dab-remote-controller-844092096
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion