Mind The Hole
(named in honor of british "MindTheGap")
most pessimistic page on this site
I believe most people (including me) are at least somewhat broken.
I often use the term "HungryGhost" even though it doesn't quite fit: a Western translation a concept in Chinese Buddhism and Chinese traditional religion representing beings who are driven by intense emotional needs in an animalistic way. The Chinese concept is related to the preta in Buddhism more generally. These beings are "ghosts" only in the sense of not being fully alive; not fully capable of living and appreciating what the moment has to offer. The English term has often been used metaphorically to describe the insatiable craving of an addict.
Desperately seeking Meaning?
- craving (Buddhism again http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanha)
- seeking simple certainty (Religion, esp Monotheism; other Model fundamentalism)
- seeking simple solutions/actions (Government)
- seeking simple pseudo-human connection (Government, Religion, Spectator Sports)
- distraction via BullShit beliefs and actions and Consumerism (Entertainment, Spectacle)
It's always this way on primitive planets.
Edited: | Tweet this!