experimental step of Product Development
- she means for usability vertification of prototype before building... solution validation can be done with basic Figma protos and interviews. (But it's) Harder to test specific UI elements, nuanced interactions, transition animations without a bit more control over the prototyping medium
- conclusion: 1. There is a lot of debate and no clear winner; 2. People reluctantly love Axure; 3. HTML possibly the answer... but I'm not fully convinced. No direct manipulation. No interactive helpers. PITA to deploy many versions for user testing
tools https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_software_prototyping_tools - older list
- using KeyNote for "high-fidelity Wire Frame"
- Sketch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sketch_(application)
- Mozilla Pencil https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8487/
- widget collections http://groups.google.com/group/pencil-user/web/pencil-collections?pli=1
- Balsamiq Mockups
- FaceBook's Ori Gami is based on Quartz Composer for MacOs X https://github.com/facebook/origami
- IDEO's Avocado also uses Quartz Composer, but requires no coding.
- Axure $290 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axure_RP
- InVision https://www.invisionapp.com/
- use Canvas to synch Sketch drawings https://blog.prototypr.io/basic-navigation-with-sketch-and-invisions-craft-prototype-plugin-99a2d2798ef9
- Moqups https://moqups.com/ web/SVG-based