- the starting point of a cluster of Selling Pages
- or maybe you start out with just a One Page Site!
- related: Landing Page, Squeeze Page - for non-Home pages that you drive traffic to (e.g. by buying WebAd-s).
- http://www.codingrobots.com/blogjet/ - unusual example of putting lots of information on single page (aka "LongSalesLetter")
Other interesting pages to consider copying
Ash Maurya's Cloud Fire (photo-sharing) iterations http://www.ashmaurya.com/2009/11/from-minimum-viable-product-to-landing-pages/
Rating some popular sites (of 2009) by the "5-second-rule".
two-sided markets and other multi-audience cases
- Etsy's main page is all about buying, the "Sell" link at top of page leads to http://www.etsy.com/sell?ref=so_sell
- Fog Bugz has 2 chunks at bottom targeted at developers and support people http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/
Hosts - requirements
Hosts - alternatives
- Un Bounce - focuses on generating variations of Splash Page for A-B Test with realtime stats.
- Launch Rock - Viral beta-invitation distribution - sounds best for free/consumer apps.
- KickoffLabs - seems very similar to Launch Rock, but you pay a bit more for less of their branding being around, and it seems like there's a broader inventory of features for Email List, etc.
- Pre Finery - focus on beta-management
- Weebly, Yola?