(2012-04-20) Enhanced Nook Book Woes
It won't let me download from my browser.
On my tablet, it started to let me download, then it warned me that it's a 500MB+ file. Which irritates me, but ok. But then it says the file isn't the right kind.
So now I'm downloading/installing the new Nook app for my Lap Top.
- it prompts me for account info, then rejects my password because it's too short. But that's my actual working online password!
- would go on to change my real password, but realize that if I can't read this on my tablet, I'm not interested....
Updating my Nook app on my Tablet...
- "Can't parse package." Try again: download unsuccessful! Am I running low on space? Doesn't seem like it.
- eventually I un-install, then try to download/install. Still fails... Try again, tablet locks up. Reboot, try again... ok succeed.
- asks for id/password. "Internal error: Exception executing the command". Boy QA needs to be fired. Probably need to change my password...
- go online and change password to follow new rules
- try to log in again, same horrible error message.
- realize I had my email mis-spelled. Fix that, try again. Same error!
Emailed cust-svc to request refund (4:55pmCT).
Update: got refund
Warnings on website
- this book page does actually say Available on NOOK devices and apps: NOOK Color; NOOK Tablet
- whereas other ebooks say Available on NOOK devices and apps with a tooltip to popup a list of all the software apps, etc.
- so I should have been more careful
- but since you register a nook with b&n, shouldn't they warn you more when put an "enhanced" book in your shopping cart, like "You haven't registered a Nook Color or Nook Tablet, but this enhanced ebook can't be read on other devices. Are you sure you want to buy?"
May14 update: I just checked back, and they now have a "plain" Nook EBook that will run on all Nook software. Bought it.
Edited: | Tweet this!