(2012-05-15) Mod Hack Book Cover
- Seth Godin Poke The Box - icon-like image, no text
- A Book Apart books - big simple text, no image
- Kindle-first design: if your cover looks great on the Kindle, it'll probably also look great in print.
My thoughts before reading him...
- An EBook needs multiple covers - probably need some visual consistency even if not identical...
- something that looks good, evokes the appropriate mood, when postage-stamp-sized in a web-store. (Title doesn't need to be legible.)
- medium version for single-book "catalog page"
- Splash Page for the Book Server (this can follow very different rules, including being dynamic in some way)
- full-screen Tablet cover page
Him noting how the Kindle reader skips right past the cover when you start a book makes me newly-angry about the UI/design experimentation cut off by proprietary client-app Monopoly: Amazon, ITunes, Twitter...
- it also means you need to make sure your Cover is an entry in your Table Of Contents!
Edited: | Tweet this!