Distributed Membership System
System that lets End Users manage their personal profile in one location, and have Member Sites be able to access parts of that profile (with user's permission) to ease registration and financial transactions (purchases of goods, Micro-Payments for content, etc.)
Beyond Single Sign-On...
A key benefit of this is having a Global User ID.
Ed Tech standards for LMS integration: LTI https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_Tools_Interoperability
- initial pitch
- list of counter-arguments to address
- related: Aaron Parecki presentation on IndieAuth (IndieWeb)
- Bray assessing the risk of failure of the big provider.
- who's watching you - spooks, crooks, monetizers
- looking into the details of Mozilla Persona
- why password managers like 1Password and LastPass don't solve the same problem
- CTO friends of mine like Auth0 as a service to plug into for this https://auth0.com/
Edited: | Tweet this!