series of books/services by Michael Gerber
the myth: that most SmallCo/Start Up-s are created by an Entrepreneur risking capital to make a profit
- the reality: it's usually someone (their Technician Persona) just wanting to stop working for a boss
- mental model: 3 Persona-s: Technician, Manager, Entrepreneur
- they end up with a worse boss: their business - "If your business depends on you, then you don't own a business - you have a job."
- this illusion leads to the outcome of 80% of SmallCos failing
don't work in your business, work on your business
- So: treat SmallCo as Franchise model to avoid Burn Out: apply Systems Thinking to its design.
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion