- comparing to some others https://github.com/embolalia/willie/wiki/Comparison-to-other-bots
jemfinch's supybot discussion
CommunityWiki:TheBot - a meta-bot that calls other existing bots... actually that's just an idea not working code.
Jul'2014 - play with Willie
- need to go into
stVirtualEnv to have pip work with python2.7
pip install willieworks
- find that willie is installed inside
- from inside
willieto launch - get error
No module named backports.ssl_match_hostnamewhich had been warned about.
pip install backports.ssl_match_hostnamethen launch Willie again and it works!
- name bot
- hmm defaults to irc.dftba.net - ok let's try that!
- which channels?
- db - sqlite -
- modules to config - error loading everything.
- but it connected to the server anyway
- using DFTBA server seems odd, so decide to try with Free Node
- but that's raising issues with Nick Serv....
- Ignoring Nick Serv issue for the moment, as bot shows up as a guest ID.
helloworld.py in modules subdirectory. Test, it works!
Error loading ip: No module named pygeoip (modules/ip.py:13) Error loading currency: No module named lxml (modules/currency.py:11) Error loading weather: No module named feedparser (modules/weather.py:15) Error loading spellcheck: No module named enchant (modules/spellcheck.py:13) Error in chanlogs setup procedure: Configuration Error: Channel logs are not configured (modules/chanlogs.py:80) Error loading reddit-info: No module named praw (modules/reddit-info.py:13) Error loading ipython: No module named IPython.frontend.terminal.embed (modules/ipython.py:23) Error loading rss: No module named feedparser (modules/rss.py:16) Error loading bugzilla: No module named lxml (modules/bugzilla.py:11)
Modify config file to add
core.extra param so my bot code can be off in its own directory. Stick a
helloextra.py copy in there, so I can confirm it works.
Hrm seem to be having connection issues, suspect it's related to that Nick Serv thing. Read a bunch, get confused, fail to register, etc. Conclude that error came from being set to a nickname that's already in use. So use
wilson_flux. Now connecting quickly without complaint. And both
.helloextra work fine.
Jul11: creating simple module that uses regex wildcard rule to catch every line. Doesn't seem to be working. Also, for logistics hassles, need to
- settle how module reloading works (so don't have to quit app to reload)
- maybe run local IRC server so don't have to worry about HotSpot-s that block non-standard ports....
- try InspIRCd
- consider UnrealIRCd - don't see anything current about Mac-specific installs available
- fall back to miniircd - Python!
- runs fine, both Colloquy and willie connect to it fine!
reload to work?
reload.pycode to my modules directory
- now if I send privmsg to willie with
Wildcard regex rule working?
- Yes, for my simple case.
- But not for
- ah, problem is path to files...
- aha, by moving my location down inside
willie, the path got corrected!
- but still not working...
- aha, I think issue is that function was named
privmsg()which is already used/reserved...
StaticBot.py is working, but 90% of the time its output is a two-word sentence.
Before digging back into that content-code, I'm going to create a better Self Improvement corpus to feed it with, so at least I have a better smell-test for if I'm heading in the right direction....
- Private Wiki Notebook? My actual Private Wiki Notebook contents? Hrm, both tend toward non-sentence phrases, which might cause problems.
- The Obstacle Is The Way - go with this as single source for the moment. Convert the EPub I have to PlainText with CaLibre.
- Prometheus Rising
- Leo Babauta's Zen To Done
Replace that file as the corpus. Now getting real sentences as output. (Maybe the previous corpus wasn't long enough, so there weren't enough words to chain?)
Just comparing those two sets of interactions. Neither is satisfactory, but not sure how I'd mush them together. Not sure what I'm looking for...
Nov'2017 idea: Inside-Out Markov Chain!
Edited: | Tweet this!