(2021-05-26) Pondering a Mental Health space
Whole lotta disruption in the mental health area these days, between:
- virtual/video talk therapy (telehealth)
- text-message-based talk therapy
- digital therapeutics/apps
The key is the 2nd dimension of variation: wellness-level of the patient (heh this reminds me of Gervais Principle pyramid!)
- happy/normie/satisfied optimizer: self-improvement
- shadow syndromes, Philosophical Counseling.... - this is the place I'm most interested
- people with "real/clinical problems"
Why that middle-level?
- leave level3 to the professional, too risky to muck around (though that could change down the road) (and have to deal with FDA gatekeeper)
- level1 probably has no significant/compelling outcomes
- level2 seems like the sweet-spot for big changes - Hero's Journey... or maybe I'm just projecting
- plus the best fit for my Product Development process
This kinda-reminds me of the definition-challenge of Scenes, Collaborations, Inventions, and Progress.