Everyone Needs Their Own ThinkingSpace
Everyone Needs Their Own ThinkingSpace.
How Will Keeping A Notebook Help You Hack Your Life?
They should probably have Multiple Thinking Spaces
- a Private Notebook
- a Digital Garden which others can read
- for Tending Your Inner And Outer Digital Gardens
Why not just join a shared/community ThinkingSpace?
- because everyone's context is different: you need to develop your own Point of View
- you can't count on a shared space always being there: Freedom of the Press is Guaranteed Only to Those who Own one
This becomes a base for Webs Of Thinkers And Thoughts.
- I think our mind is a swirling cloud of thoughts/ideas/beliefs/wants
- those “nodes” aren’t organized in a pretty hierarchy but rather by relatively noisy Association/linking (Associative)
- we’re often spinning off variations of nodes or seemingly-disconnected new nodes, both intentionally/consciously and not (divergence)
- the nodes we remember tend to be Associated with other sticky nodes
- the sum total of these nodes could be thought of as a not-coherent World View – model of the universe
- Sense Making/Decision Making/ActionTaking typically involves simplifying that mess into a more-coherent sub-model (Convergence)
- therefore I believe Thinking Tools needs to embrace that process of association, divergence, and convergence.
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion