Tending Your Inner And Outer Digital Gardens
Digital Gardens are mostly widely associated with bundles of writing which are writable only by the single owner, but readable by anyone. Not unlike a WikiLog (see Wiki Types).
But anyone thinking enough to have a digital garden should have a private notebook as well. See How Will Keeping A Notebook Help You Hack Your Life. Some people are using Digital Garden tools, esp locally-hosted apps, for this purpose.
I think there's a benefit to
- having both kinds of spaces
- using the same tool for each
- having a clear separation between the 2, but connections across them.
I'm framing this now in terms of Inner Garden and Outer Garden. Real-world analogs:
- the Secret Garden hidden within a wider garden (ok maybe not "real" world)
- the Japanese Tea Garden with its inner and outer gardens.
I'm also amused by not-really-related glosses
- crossref Inner Game
- inner rings of a Secret Society like Masons or Rosicrucians
I use my WikiFlux engine for both spaces. And my WikiGraph integration helps me jump between them.
- this is now available to others as FluxGarden
Edited: | Tweet this! | Search Twitter for discussion