Of the various WikiTypes, my main time-sucks are
- I think our mind is a swirling cloud of thoughts/ideas/beliefs/wants
- those “nodes” aren’t organized in a pretty hierarchy but rather by relatively noisy Association/linking (Associative)
- we’re often spinning off variations of nodes or seemingly-disconnected new nodes, both intentionally/consciously and not (divergence)
- the nodes we remember tend to be Associated with other sticky nodes
- the sum total of these nodes could be thought of as a not-coherent World View – model of the universe
- Sense Making/Decision Making/ActionTaking typically involves simplifying that mess into a more-coherent sub-model (Convergence)
- therefore I believe Thinking Tools needs to embrace that process of association, divergence, and convergence.
Edited: | Tweet this!