(2004-01-18) Technorati Tags
Technorati has a new Folksonomy tag-tracking system which integrates across Del.icio.us, FlickR, some WebLog engines, and SocialText wiki's that use Category tags (though I haven't found any examples of this yet).
- Dave Sifry: Technorati Launches Tags
- Help page
- Ross Mayfield: technorati_takes_tags_global: The open affordances of tags have led to local/global/local navigation and easy group forming. But the same opennes raises interesting questions about tag spam and the tyranny of the majority.
- Peter Kaminski: Folksonomy Serendipity
- David Weinberger: The tagging revolution continues...
- Ross Mayfield: http://ross.typepad.com/blog/2005/01/emergent_intell.html
- hmm, I suppose you could tweak your WikiEngine to put a little linked doodad next to every rendered WikiWord linking to the appropriate technorati tag page... their tags are case-insensitive. Hmm, might needs to use Expanding Wiki Words...
Various people note SpamWars abuse potential: people putting "popular" tags on irrelevant articles to trick you into clicking.
I wonder what the Business Model is here? Is FlickR really going to be happy having photos viewed via Technorati? It's not like there's a lot of other content "around" each photo, though I suppose you can be inspired to view other photos from the same person... and I guess they can see it as promoting their paid accounts (I wonder how many they have?).
- see also this
Edited: | Tweet this!