- comes with AlDiko pre-installed
- when turned landscape, page alignment isn't good - will have to see if settings can be adjusted
- took it into a Barnes And Noble store, could get their homepage in the browser, but couldn't seem to navigate the BN site further or go anywhere else. Good ole' ATT HotSpot: some local anomaly or issue with this kind of device?
- no Android market but installed FBReader and Thinking Space
- connected USB to MacBook, copied over bunch of EPub files.
- Google Reader web interface doesn't seem to be working quite right - scrolling, updating counts, etc.
- can't seem to find Google Reader app (since this unit doesn't have true Android AppStore support)
- installed GReader app which synchs to Google Reader, though has different UI.
- it seems to let you Star an item or share-via-Twitter, but not the Reader-share. (Which I should probably get away from anyway...)
- perfect fit in CargoPants pocket
- but still feel nervous about the screen being "exposed". Feel like I want something on it, even if it's just a neoprene "sheet" that only covers the 1 side with 4 elastic corners to hold it in place. (A full envelope would add to much bulk and friction for taking in/out of pocket.)
- I had ignored alert for Firm Ware update yesterday, but didn't ignore it today. Fro Yo! At the end, it "strongly" recommended a reset, so I did it. This meant having to reinstall the apps I'd added, but at least none of the data had to be re-copied over.
- found the mobile-web URL for Google Reader (or maybe it was the new browser version that did it), so much happier using the WebApp interface. Except when not at home with WiFi. I'm pretty sure the official Android app doesn't work offline either, but GReader does, so just re-installed that for Off-Line use. Can't believe the feeds-sort options don't include sorting by number of unread items - you end up having to ignore a bunch of feeds with 0 bits to read. Also found the Share function in GReader that works.
- seems like browser doesn't support Flash. Which is annoying with everyone embedding YouTube videos in their blog posts.
- tried some WikiLog creation/editing. Oy, the browser zooms in to the Text Area in a weird way. Almost unusable.
- For awhile I was afraid that GReader didn't synch offline-flagged Shares with the Google Reader site, but it was just that synching wasn't working right this morning for some reason.
- using http://whatsmyuseragent.com to see what User Agent the Web Browser is sending:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) Apple Web Kit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17
- for comparison, my Nexus One sends
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/FRG83D) Apple Web Kit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1(and also header has
- this is why Tablet doesn't get automatically redirected to mobile versions of pages
- aha, found a Setting that had "Switch to a Desktop User Agent" checked. Just unchecked it.
- Now sending
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; A70S Build/FROYO) Apple Web Kit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
- now getting redirected nicely
- for comparison, my Nexus One sends
- no GMail app or integration. So set up my IMAP account in the EMail app so I can share non-Google Reader stuff (defaults are Blue Tooth the the weird Touiteur French Twitter client). Should really just pick a Del.icio.us replacement...
- Touiteur French Twitter client keeps crashing. Twitter's own client isn't available outside the Android market. So install Twi Droyd, which works fine (unlike on my Nexus One, where it continues to fail because of Rate-Limit issue).
- sometimes find it impossible to get GReader to synch. Changed settings to synch only 100 items (instead of All), and now it's working better.
- except that sometimes you'll have a feed pop to the top of the list with a non-zero count of unread items, but when you click on it, there are no (synched) unread items to read!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Edited: | Tweet this!