Books In Browsers
Brewster Kahle keynote
*This (Printed Book) ecology meant that:
- publishers can get into business easily
- booksellers appeared on many street corners
- libraries bought and then lent books to patrons
- authors, sometimes, got more than beer money
- readers can enjoy the great works of humankind*
Google’s promised Google Editions are going to be available in browsers. Amazon is putting its toe in the books-in-browser world with its recent beta. StarBucks and LibreDigital’s recent announcement of best sellers readable in browsers when at a Starbucks. Ibis Reader, Book Glutton, Re Publish, S Book, and the Internet Archive are other emerging technologies for reading in browsers.
Other event coverage
Edited: | Tweet this!