Author writing about Good Diet.
Notes on Eat To Live
At first I was afraid he was a Raw Food junkie, but he's not quite hard-core about that, just about eating "nutrient-rich" foods (e.g. green veggies, then other veggies, then fruit) in huge quantities. But he does think more Raw is better.
- He suggests a whole head of romaine every day.
- He thinks there are longevity benefits with getting down to only 1-2 servings/week of animal protein!
Note his book is from 2003 - new scientific proof?
- check his site
- check other sites - e.g. brain dev, num amino acids, etc.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_foodism#Human_evolution - The mainstream view among anthropologists is that the increase in human brain-size was due to a shift away from the consumption of nuts and berries to the consumption of meat. (Of course, we have high quantities of high-quality product available now.)
- http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=385 more China Study
He likes fiber because it fills you up. And he treats it as a "nutrient".
He doesn't like grains much, not even whole grains, because they're often more processed than the name implies.
He sells his own Multi Vitamin because he says they shouldn't include beta-carotene, Vitamin A, Folic Acid, etc. http://drfuhrman.com/library/gentle_care.aspx http://drfuhrman.com/shop/supplements.aspx#GCF $0.50/day (His biggest requirement is to take B12 because plants don't give it.)
He says Glycemic Index is the wrong thing to focus on. Better to ensure the ''presence'' of fiber.
Edited: | Tweet this!