3 common varities
Newest: batch of tweets from 1 user around a single train of thought
These often run to roughly a dozen tweets, and are often numbered sequentially.
For awhile someone was aggregating each batch into a blog post.
- Mobile App Microblogging Client-s are easier - no Text Area, save-drafts Off-Line, etc.
- Committing to a whole/coherent Blog Post can be off-putting - a tweet makes it easier to Get Started.
- You can get FeedBack from the crowd before you're done. (Real Time)
- You get FeedBack per-thought. (cf other Paragraph Addressable Blog Comment systems)
- Meta: this could inspire the design of new Twitter features, or non-twitter Group Discussion platforms.
Flash Mob of related posts triggered by Real World event
Some people only count those sharing a single specific Hash Tag (and those cases tend to show up as "official" "TrendingTopics"), others include all tweets about that same event, regardless of explicit tagging. cf Spectator Sports
Where groups of people spread the idea of bringing attention to an issue or position (Viral) by having everyone do lots of tweeting around a Hash Tag, typically an explicit-position Hash Tag (
Sept'2014: Toying with idea of Tweet Storm-ing the body of a page on this WikiLog
Another variety of TwitterBot.
Edited: | Tweet this!