need to try and assemble some of my political/philosophical World View stuff together into some context... I'm giving up logic/proof for the moment and just trying to mix-master these things to tie them together (hmm, Diagram Of Effects?). Let's call the below "Claims".
- people feel a lack of engagement with politics, their employers, their employees, their society, their neighborhood, etc. (Social Capital)
- even small-scale institutions feel impersonal, incongruent
- a feeling of engagement requires a sense of FeedBack: of being heard, of having effect
- without Meaning and Engagement, people tend to slide into Pathological behavior, including Consumerism and Populism.
- is a good thing
- isn't finished
- is inevitable
- goes along with Progress, Innovation, Accelerating Change
- all freedom must be based on Individual Freedom and Voluntary Association/transaction
- Individual Freedom requires private Property Rights (though the nature/details of those are fuzzy)
- the combination of the previous points leads to economic activity designed as a Market Economy, though humans don't make every (any?) transaction design on a purely rational/optimizing basis.
Maybe I need to write a Pattern Language! :)
- started Fractally Generative Pattern Language Sept'2011.
We had a kinda stable understandable Culture (Tribalism). But it's been in increasing flux since the Enlightenment. We've increased Freedom, but at the price of Community. The answer now isn't to go back, but to go forward toward models that help us get Community with Freedom.
Edited: | Tweet this!