(2012-04-24) Current Educating Kids Thoughts
I was doing some quick-list-making recently, and threw together a couple lists relevant to Raising Reality Hackers.
Macro improvements for Educating Kids:
- School Choice
- Real World involvement
- D And D
- social trend
- Hacker Space
- Student Wiki Web: to discover people working same interest at same time (Community Of Practice)...
- Home-School, UnSchooling
- Learning Programming (and HTML/CSS, or Computer Game)
- Computer Game-mod
- Private Eye Sketching
- 3d modelling for Desktop Fab
- More writing. (Start Private Wiki?)
- Hook up old Lap Top with Garage Band to Keyboard.
- Limit TV and Computer Game playing and even reading. Let them find anything else to fill their time.
- Roller Blade
- Play with friends. Not Computer Game!
- D And D
- board game
- Pick an adult topic to follow and blog (Private Wiki). NBIC? Computer Game industry?
- Chemistry Set
- see Stimulating Learning Projects
Note that there's not a huge amount of Educational Technology in either list...
Edited: | Tweet this!