How To Raise Reality Hackers
Bringing my Raising Kids thoughts together with:
- Framing the Goal Of Educating Kids to be ending up with Reality Hackers, members of The Craft
- fitting this into Fractally Generative Pattern Language
- consider ideas/constraints from my For Hackers style-guide.
- Generation Hack
- The New Geek
- background: 2012-01-06-HowToRaiseRealityHackersTitleChoices
blog: http://blog.raisingrealityhackers.com/ (mainly a subset of things I post here)
- twitter http://twitter.com/RealityHacks
for rare email updates sign up here
I am trying to show that life without certainty can be exhilarating, liberating, a great adventure. Robert Anton Wilson
Despite the decades-old shifting from Blue Collar to White Collar work, a number of people feel we've never really made the Economic Transition out of the Industrial Age. And that what we think of as Credit Crisis 2008 is really a period of structural unemployment that will continue until people are able to find roles in the post-Industrial economy, just as the Great Depression may have been mainly about the need to re-deploy the people who were still part of the Agricultural Age.
Under this theory, Raising Kids to be an Organization Man, or even a "FreeAgent" serving the big corporations of the Industrial Age, is not a path to success: Average Is Over. We need a new vision for our kids, and I propose adoption of the term "Reality Hacker".
I believe that kids raised to be Reality Hacker-s will thrive not only economically, but also psychologically.