Optimistic Near Future Vision
My vision coming from 2011-04-27-OptimisticNearFutureVision...
- near future - 10-20yrs
- no magic (free food)
- no Collapse, though FederalGovernment reduced (defense, non-core departments)
Gas $8/gal (aka non-Cheap Oil). So imports reduced and more-expensive, but not gone.
FederalGovernment reduced (defense, non-core departments)
Commodity hard goods still mass-manufactured. Though more domestically.
- AmaZon winning at commodities
- local/Small Retail is more about experiences
- restaurants, coffee shops
- craft shops, studio spaces
- MixedUse property in center.
- Family Farming surrounding.
- NeighborHood/CommunityCenter: ProductOrientedUnschooling, HackerSpace, CoWorking
- current most-common jobs at Employment
People reduce expenses
- UrbanVillage instead of Suburb RealEstate, Commute
- Use less HealthCare (improve PhysicalFitness), have Catastrophic HealthInsurance
- Less CollegeEducation, more Lifelong Learning
Software used daily - 2016-02-19-RaoUnicornsAndBandwagons
- PIM, EverNote, NoteBook
- IssueTracker (WikiKit)
- chat/Messaging: 1-to-1, group. SlackCom, IRC, Instant Messaging...
- VirtualCompany credit allocation (Pie book)
- federated WikiWeb?
- federated TeamWiki/SoftwareForge?
Making the above more Actionable
Taking some process from Taylor Pearson:
VagueGoal for Urban Village:
- more cities with 75k+ people at 20k/sqmi.
- Better city schools (more, smaller, diverse)
VagueGoal for NetworkEconomy
My "Means" for all these
- MyStrengths: PM/CTO team leading
- writing? Not really, small audience, I have no influence.
Edited: | Tweet this!