Process of picking the US President.
Sigh, why do we keep having these?
I'm going to have to start summarizing the implied policies of the Presidential Candidates 2008 (copying Presidential Candidates 2004). Less content at Presidential Candidates 2012, Presidential Candidates 2016. Will try harder at Presidential Candidates 2020
I can rarely bring myself to picking the Evil of Two Lessers (Political Engagement). I tend to either:
- not vote (it just encourages them)
- vote for the Libertarian Party candidate (despite its mess)
- maybe I'll get used to doing write-ins: maybe L Neil Smith, maybe None Of The Above, maybe David Brin
- Nov'2018 update: the above was more true before the Republican Party went full anti-Enlightenment. Voted straight anti-fascist.
I put most of my policy thoughts at Open Society.
I wish candidates would complete the Vote Smart survey. But it gets filled out for them, so you can look there to compare.
- looking at Politifact is handy, too
Decided via the Electoral College